Welcome to Pirate PTO
The purpose of the Pirate PTO is to bridge the community and Pomona Elementary School. Our vision is to enhance the educational and social learning experience by facilitating interaction between parents, educators and students.
Your Membership Makes a Difference
School district budgets are always met with new and challenging demands. By filling gaps with private fundraising, such as annual membership dues, community and corporate donations, etc., we are able to help meet the needs of our students, faculty and staff. The Pirate PTO raises funds for the enhancement of Pomona Elementary School student education, including, but not limited to, the purchase of equipment and teaching materials, funding capital improvements, covering the costs of student transportation charges, and providing financial support of activities which promote the school and its students within the community.
Become Part of the Pirate PTO Crew
By becoming a Pirate PTO member, you are not obligated to do anything -- meeting attendance and volunteerism is always appreciated but never required.
PTO membership is inclusive and open to all parents and guardians whose children are enrolled at Pomona Elementary, faculty and staff. You are welcome here no matter your profession, politics, how long you've been a parent in this district, or your availability to volunteer.
The number one reason to join Pirate PTO is to benefit your child, and, in doing so, help the greater school community. But, there are so many other advantages.
As a PTO member, you have the opportunity to:
- Attend PTO Members-only events like Rock the Boat Karaoke Night and Drive-In Holiday Movie
- Get access to Members-only school events calendar
- Share your ideas regarding events, fundraising, school needs and community building
- Support school enrichment for all Pomona Elementary students
- Learn more about what happens in your child's school day
- Meet teachers from different grades
- Voice concerns and help problem solve
- Support faculty and staff